Recipe: Fried Egg Over Potato Hash

I looooove eggs. I can eat them for breakfast, lunch, and dinner and never get sick of them. Sometimes, I am lazy and just scramble them really quickly because I can't be bothered to wait to eat. Other days, like today, I feel like being a little more creative. A potato hash is one of those meals that can't really go wrong! It has a bunch of my favorite ingredients and is quite easy to make!

Recipe: Fried Egg Over Potato Hash

fried egg over potato hash

Ingredients:

  • 1 Tbsp. + 1 tsp. vegetable oil
  • 1 medium to large potato
  • 1/2 of a medium to large onion
  • salt
  • pepper
  • cumin
  • 1 large egg
  • goat cheese (I prefer feta)

Instructions:

  1. Prepare your potato by chopping into tiny cubes (the smaller the better!) and do the same with the onion.
  2. Heat a pan over medium-high heat and then add 1 Tbsp. vegetable oil.
  3. Add your potatoes to the pan and stir constantly until they get some color to them (about 5 minutes—might be longer if you cut your potato in larger sized cubes).
  4. Add your onion and continue the constant stirring.
  5. Season with salt, pepper, and ground cumin.
  6. In the meantime, in a separate pan, add the remaining vegetable oil and crack your egg over low heat. (The reason I chose to do this in a separate pan is that I prefer over-medium eggs to sunny-side-up. Cooking your egg separately gives you the ability to flip it over easily!) Cook egg to your liking.
  7. By then, your potato hash should be finished! Transfer to a plate and then top with the egg! 
  8. Crumble some goat cheese on top for an extra flavor boost.
  9. Enjoy!
fried egg over potato hash

Follow my blog with Bloglovin

This entry was posted on May 21, 2014 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

2 Responses to “ Recipe: Fried Egg Over Potato Hash ”

Gingey Bites said...

I love hash and a fried egg is a must! :-)

Elizabeth Walker said...

It's what makes the hash a plate of perfection! :)

Leave a Reply