Recipe: Mixed Fruit Crumble

Yesterday, we had some friends over after church. I made a Mexican food feast but then made an English dessert (or pudding, as they call it here in the land of Eng) to go along with it. I'm working on mastering my crumbles.

This is a recipe that was given to me by a friend, but I altered it slightly to make it a tad more American. I can't help myself :P

The photo isn't so great....I completely forgot about taking a photo until after we dug into it! But at least it gives some sort of visual!



Mixed Fruit Crumble

Ingredients:
  • about 2 1/2 cups frozen mixed fruit (you can flex with this measurement—I used this.)
  • 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar (adjust according to taste)
  • 1 cup plain flour
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • 3/4 cup dry oats
  • 6 Tbsp. of butter at room temperature (3 oz. or 3/4 of a stick of butter equivalent)
Instructions:
  1. Preheat your oven to 350ºF (180º C)
  2. Mix plain flour, brown sugar, oats, and butter together in a medium bowl until the butter is of a "crumbly" consistency. This will be your crumble topping.
  3. In a separate (microwavable) bowl, add your frozen mixed fruit and 3 Tbsp. granulated sugar. Mix together.
  4. Microwave on high for 4 minutes.
  5. Pour fruit mixture into a baking dish and then cover evenly with crumble topping.
  6. Put it in the oven for 35-40 minutes, uncovered, rotating once halfway through.
  7. Enjoy topped with a dollup of vanilla ice cream or some custard! 

This entry was posted on Feb 10, 2014 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply