Recipe: Flapjacks

Up until two days ago, I had no idea what a Flapjack was. I've tasted store-bought flapjacks before, but the consistency was all wrong. I didn't even know that flapjacks were supposed to have oats in them! Based on the store-bought ones I tasted, I decided I don't really like flapjacks.

Then, a friend came over for a baking day. She brought along her mother's flapjack recipe and made a new convert out of me.

Two days later, I desperately needed to make a new tray because my husband and I had already finished the previous batch! It is the simplest recipe ever....Here's to getting fat! :P





Recipe: Flapjacks

Ingredients:


  • 150 grams butter (2/3 cup)
  • 2 Tbsp. golden syrup or treacle (molasses)
  • 200 grams sugar (1 cup)
  • 300 grams oats (3 1/3 cups)

Instructions:


  1. Melt butter and syrup
  2. Mix in sugar and then the oats
  3. Spread evenly onto a baking sheet
  4. Bake at 170ÂșC for 15-20 minutes

This entry was posted on Feb 27, 2014 and is filed under , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply