A Grateful Heart

I'm on a permanent vacation.

At least that's what other people think. Ah, I love my life. God is so good to me! As if giving me my dream man wasn't enough, God has blessed us with a lovely home to live in and enough resources to live in that home comfortably. He has also given us PLENTY of opportunities to travel and explore the world He created! (Since being married, we've been from California to Saint Lucia to England to Paris to California back to England to Amsterdam...and we're going to Tenerife for our first anniversary!)

Sometimes I complain. My old, sinful nature gets the best of me and I focus on my lack instead of my abundance. I become the nagging wife from the book of Proverbs, constantly bugging my husband about things I want to do to the house and things I want to buy. Jealousy finds its way in there too and then I begin comparing what I have to what other people have. "Wretched [wo]man that I am! Who will deliver me from this body of death?" (Romans 7:24).

Lord, please help me to have a grateful heart. Help me to constantly recognize how much You have blessed me. Keep me away from selfishness and jealousy.


"Thank Me for each blessing along the way;
this brings joy to both you and Me.
A grateful heart protects you from negative thinking.
Thankfulness enables you to see
the abundance I shower upon you daily."

This entry was posted on Feb 26, 2014 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

Leave a Reply