Confused Culture.

"We live in a confused culture." That's what my mom said today as we were leaving the mall. 


We were rushing to get to my cousin's house but we were waiting in line foreeeeever for the guy to come back just so we could exchange a $10 lamp that we accidentally got in the wrong color. Anyways, he finally gets there, we exchange our lamp, and walk to the escalator. This woman gets to it right before us and stands right in the middle. We managed to squeeze to the right of her and walk up so we can pass her. 

As we are walking out of the mall, my mom and I are discussing the fact that everyone seems to be so slow paced but us. Then my mom points out that everyone in this culture is confused... "No one ever wants to walk anywhere. Even if people are going to the store right down the street, they hop in their cars. Then at the mall, they see an escalator. 'Oh good! Moving stairs! Now I don't have to walk anymore!' Then, they wake up at FOUR IN THE MORNING so they can go to the gym! It would save them a lot of gym membership money and give them more sleep if they just walked up the escalator!"

Hahahaha! My mom is hilarious for thinking like this!

This entry was posted on Oct 19, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

4 Responses to “ Confused Culture. ”

Becs said...

She makes a very good point...

Jillian, Riverside said...

that's funny.

Yvette said...

hahahahahaha that was magnificent. i love the way our parents think!

Yvonne said...

I LOVE your mom!

Leave a Reply