My God is a BIG God!

Happy July!

(and happy birthday Allison!)

I can't believe the year is half over already! My goodness, time sure flies!

I like the way this month is starting...
23 days til England.
God is good!

I am learning more and more and more how BIG our God is. I have this problem...people always used to tell me I dream too big. I have these desires and they just don't seem realistic. But I am learning that God is even bigger than my biggest desire! Why pray for God to grant one specific dream when you could be praying that He fulfills His will in your life? His will is so much greater than any dream of mine!

"The poor and needy seek water,
but there is none,
Their tongues fail for thirst.
I, the Lord, will hear them;
I, the God of Israel, will not forsake them.
I will open rivers in desolate heights,
And fountains in the midst of the valleys;
I will make the wilderness a pool of water,
And the dry land springs of water.
I will plant in the wilderness the cedar and the acacia tree,
the myrtle and the oil tree;
I will set in the desert the cypress tree and the pine
And the box tree together,
That they may see and know,
And consider and understand together,
That the hand of the Lord has done this,
And the Holy One of Israel has created it."
Isaiah 41:17-20

Dream big, but realize that your dreams are miniscule in the hands of our God!

This entry was posted on Jul 1, 2008 . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 . You can leave a response .

3 Responses to “ My God is a BIG God! ”

Julianne said...

Wow, that verse perfectly illustrates your point!
And call me dumb, but what are you going to England for??

Liz said...

i am going on a missions trip with my church! calvary puts on this big christian music festival in england every year called creationfest (i donno if you've heard of that before) and we are going over there pretty much to run that! and we'll be doing several roadshows on the way and street witnessing and stuff! i am so excited to be going! please keep us in prayer when we do! :]

Julianne said...

wow! Have fun! And I will!

Leave a Reply